Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Limbo - You Will Never Look at Spiders the Same Again - Side Notes

Last week I purchased Limbo from Xbox Live for 1200 points ($15) after reading all the reviews and lets get this out of the way early -- Buy it.  I go with a philosophy of "I have spent more and got less" and this game is the exact opposite.  This game could have sold the same way Plants versus Zombies for Xbox 360 for $19.99 is being sold and I could argue Limbo is the best game under $20.  The game play is a simple two button platformer with puzzle elements or vice versa.  There are some frustrating points but I think that is part of the fun.  I played Limbo at the first sitting for 2 plus hours and loved it.  My wife even watched for a few minutes and she is not a gamer at all.  There is little to no soundtrack to this game and the black and white setting is creepy.  There is enough change in game play to keep you occupied and the puzzles are just frustrating enough to keep you coming back.  There is no story and no cut scenes.  If you can make a story from this game you could make a short film and make some money.  You will see people hanging in the backgrounds and have people with blow darts chase after you just to name a few challenges.  The best part is when you "die" in a puzzle it often starts you right back where you left off.  One final thought on this for any Halloween party, play this game in the dark and turn up the little to no sound.  Its creepy and fun just wait till you see the spider for the first time maybe you will think next time you get out the tissue to squish it...

Grade - A

Also I was gone for a few weeks to celebrate the birth of my first child.  The wife and baby are both doing great.  I will be back back a couple times a week starting next week. 

Also next week TRU has Buy 2 get 1 Free starting.  Great time to stock up for the Holidays

No comments:

Post a Comment