Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

NHL 11 - Lets Go Pens! - Target Buy 2 get 1 Next week!!

I am confident that my brother and I have a small ownership in EA Sports.  I look at my collection to see year after year of NHL titles I have purchased and think I am the one feeding this beast.  NHL 11 has some minor tweaks to it that make it better then the previous year (broken sticks, new physics engine, updated rosters) but there is something far more addicting... the new card game that you can play in the Ultimate Team which I will address later in this review.

The game is mostly the same, the graphics are slightly better and the game play has improved some.  I am still against the pinning against the boards "button" because it seems like you can get someone if they are anywhere near the boards but I digress... The game play is fun and is always better having some friends over to the house or on the headset.  Simple to learn how to play and the shooting system is great using the right analog stick but knowing you can always use the "classic" set up for your stick from NHL 94. 

I am not bragging but I win the Stanley Cup every year I have played be a player.  I have upped the difficulty (I usually play on Pro and above) and still come out on top.  This year I have a new vice Ultimate Player.  This card game mixed in with my NHL game play has me playing as my own nicknamed team: Toledo Gatorz.  You get everything from uniform cards to skill cards and player cards.  For all you old school gamers it reminds me a lot of Baseball Stars for the NES.  You get points to buy cards and can play in tournaments.  The part that will draw you in is the auctions.  You can bid/trade players and not just NHL players, all the players in the game, so start brushing up on your CHL prospects.  You will quickly look for your favorites (Eric Tangardi) and try to acquire them.  This will require you to play all while managing contracts and playing each game.  It is addicting and oh by the way you buy these packs from your PSN account too (the EA beast rumbles).  My only flaw is I wish I could put my player from Be a Pro into this mode, maybe next year EA.  Here is my gamer tip of the week play the demo first for Ultimate Team you get some free packs when you load the game to give you a head start...

This game is great.  If you are hockey fan this is must have.  Fantasy Sports hockey fan you should already have this.

Grade - A

Holiday shopping season is right around the corner and Target is helping you out next week.  The famous buy 2 get 1 free sale starts next week.  Basically 33% off games.  I know Best Buy has this week too but its on limited titles.  Also the rest of the week I will get to some quick reviews on the Xbox 360 and Wii

No comments:

Post a Comment