Search This Blog

Thursday, April 30, 2015

twitch - must see TV

So last night after pulling a 4-3 come from behind victory on NHL 15 in HUT League Division 3 (win the next game and I move up to 2) I was figuring out what to do next.  On several occasions I have watched different games on twitch to see if  I think I would like the game.  It worked for Shadow of Mordor but failed on Evolve but last night I watched NHL 15 on a few channels and realized how people get addicted.  Last night I started watching iceinmyvain on twitch.  A great NHL 15 player who was not only playing the game, holding raffles, giving away HUT cards (another crack-like addiction) and all in all interacting with the viewers.  I know twitch is not new.  I know people become overnight sensations on the "interwebs" but I watched this guy play for an hour.  Hell, he has his own currency for raffles - icebucks.  It was amazing to watch how him giving a shout out made these players days.  During my time watching I found myself not only picking up tips and tricks but actually cheering for this guy.  I "smashed" the follow button as he asked all the new "crew" to do when we came in. If you have not already tried twitch or if you are not using it to check out the game you are on the fence on... do it.  I have to log back on tonight for some icebucks.

No comments:

Post a Comment